The Constitution was co-written by 50+ working journalists, academics, lawyers, cryptoeconomic advisors and The Civil Media Company. It is the foundational document for ensuring that Civil maintains a high quality filter for all Newsrooms running on it; its ongoing maintenance and evolution is the domain of the Civil Foundation, led by Vivian Schiller.
Articles in this section
- Are newsrooms able to change their charter after they launch?
- Who wrote Civil’s Constitution?
- I don’t want to subscribe yet, but how can I support a journalist or a newsroom that I like?
- Can I read Civil journalists and articles on other websites?
- What are credibility indicators?
- How do I know if an article is trustworthy? Can I read the journalist’s bio?
- What’s the process for applying to become a Civil Newsroom?
- How did Civil select its initial Newsrooms?
- How do I support articles?
- Are all articles on Civil going to be behind a paywall?