When a newsroom applies to be on the registry, they must provide a mission statement that lays out the type of content they will be reporting. While they can begin to report on things that were not stated in the original mission statement, the community has the right to challenge them and potentially vote them off the registry for not abiding by their original mission statement.
Articles in this section
- Are newsrooms able to change their charter after they launch?
- Who wrote Civil’s Constitution?
- I don’t want to subscribe yet, but how can I support a journalist or a newsroom that I like?
- Can I read Civil journalists and articles on other websites?
- What are credibility indicators?
- How do I know if an article is trustworthy? Can I read the journalist’s bio?
- What’s the process for applying to become a Civil Newsroom?
- How did Civil select its initial Newsrooms?
- How do I support articles?
- Are all articles on Civil going to be behind a paywall?