To send tokens, you will need:
- The recipient (wallet) address
- Sufficient Ether in you account to cover the gas fee
- To make sure you only send to Ethereum address
Steps to send tokens:
- Click on the bars under the Fox icon on topleft corner to open the account page
- Select the token you would like to send
- On the token page, click “Send” to proceed
- On the Send Token page (ETH in this example), key in the recipient address, token amount to send
- Click “Next” to proceed
- Check transaction detail. Click “Confirm” to send
- You will then be directed back to see your transaction listed on your account.
Note that the amount of ETH won’t be deducted immediately, and that the status of the transaction is submitted. It means the transaction has been sent and awaiting miners to mine/process them.
When the transaction is successful, you could see the updated amount of ETH balance, as well as the status of the transaction updated to “Confirmed”.
If you click on the transaction, you will be directed to the transaction record on etherscan.io.
- MetaMask will display error fields which prevent you to proceed sending tokens by highlighting the required fields’ border in red
- In this example, the ‘Amount’ field is highlighted as there is insufficient tokens in the account to proceed