MetaMask updates the extension on supported browsers regularly to enhance features, address user issues, strengthen security measures, and improve user experience.
While we encourage users to use the most updated versions, some users may want to use older MetaMask versions (say, for testing purpose).
You could retrieve them here.
Here’s how you could install it on Chrome:
- On the releases page, pick a version you’ll like to install
- Download the zip file
- Unzip the file in a folder
4) Open Chrome, and type “chrome://extensions” on browser
5) Click “Load Unpacked”
6) On the window pop up, open the the folder unzipped earlier
7) You could now see MetaMask installed
- Visit: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/ether-metamask/versions/
- Select a version you’d like to download. Click “Download Now” > Click “Ok” on pop up
3) Type “about:addons” on browser
4) Click the setting button > Click “Install Add-on from file”
5) Browse the “.xpi” file
6) Click “Open”
7) Click “Add” on the pop up
8) Installation complete
- Repeat step 1 to 3 of Installing older MetaMask versions on Chrome
- Open Opera extension page > Click “Load unpacked extension”
- Browse the unzipped folder, then click “OK”
- Installation complete